Contact Us
Home Page

Aston Clinton School

Get in touch

Contact Details

Social Media


Our school serves the parishes of Aston Clinton, Buckland and Drayton Beauchamp and in addition we have on roll a number of children from outside our reserved area whose parents have chosen this school. Our admission number for each year group is 58, and if requests exceed this number the County admissions criteria are applied and children awarded places accordingly.


Admissions to the reception classes are co-ordinated by the Bucks County Council Admissions Team. The admissions process is detailed on their website . All reception age children will be offered a full time place from September. However there is an option for children to have a part time place if parents feel it is more suitable for their child. We have two points in the year when children can change from part time to full time. These are as follows:


  • Full time after October half term
  • Full time the first week in January


In-year admissions are also dealt with by the Bucks County Council Admissions Team and full details of the process are available on their website


We also have an Additionally Resourced Provision (ARP) for children who have an Educational Health Care Plan with an identified language impairment. This department takes up to ten children from across the County. Please see entry criteria on the ARP page (found under the SEN tab) of this website

Admission to Secondary school 

At the age of 11, children transfer to secondary schools according to parental preferences and the results of the Secondary Schools Allocation Procedures. Our pupils mostly transfer to the John Colet Upper School or one of the three grammar schools in Aylesbury. A small group of children go to Tring School in Hertfordshire.

Families who live in our catchment area are advised to refer to the County school transport policy to find out if they are eligible.

The application process for secondary school places begins in the autumn term. Information about the 11+ system and the application process can be found on the  County Council website