Hi I'm Mrs Astle,
I am the Emotional Support Worker at school. I am a qualified ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) and have been trained to deliver a variety of different interventions to support the children's needs across the school.
My role includes:
- In charge of all Young Carers in school.
- Supporting children of military families during times of parental deployment and transition in and out of school
- Organising and running the induction process for new children who join our school during the school year as well as assessing their learning.
- Running Bits and Pieces Club. Membership is by invitation only to help children who need a break from the playground or need support socially.
- Facilitating worry,anxiety and anger programmes
- Drawing and talking therapy interventions
- Trained to help Bereaved children
- Emotional support for children going through difficult times.
- Supporting mental well being
- Co-ordinating the PAT dog sessions.
Many of the interventions are of a short term nature in order to support individuals with school related issues. There are occasions when it is necessary to operate a waiting list if demand is high.
If parents have concerns about their child's emotional /social well being, the class teacher should be the first point of contact. The teacher will decide if it is appropriate to refer to me for additional support.